Register with us by contacting Stillbirth Foundation Australia at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9557 9070 .
Fundraising For Us
Set up a donation page in memory of a loved baby
- Start early; the sooner you begin your fundraising efforts, the more you’re likely to collect.
- Planning how you are going to raise funds from start to finish can save you a lot of time and hassle later, and help you to go beyond your initial targets.
- Approach your boss to find out if there are match giving schemes, whereby they match their employees’ charitable contributions.
- Ask close friends and family members to donate first as other people may then match their generosity.
- Make a list of people to ask for donations and decide the best way to make contact with them. Although you may feel a nuisance, don’t be shy about approaching people. Remember that the worst they can do is say no, and more often than not they will happily say yes.
- Keep your friends informed. Email them your fundraising link and provide regular updates on your progress. The updates are interesting for those who have already supported you and a reminder for those who haven’t.
- Include the link to your fundraising page on your email signature, at both work and home. This will raise awareness of your efforts and ensure every email you send could prompt a possible donation.
- Be creative – put up posters with your fundraising link, host a dinner party and ask for a small donation as an admission fee, or offer to do chores in return for a donation.
- Personalise and update your online fundraising page frequently. Add pictures and let people know why you have decided to fundraise for the Stillbirth Foundation Australia. It is also important to note where their funds will go and in what ways the money will help.
Don’t forget to remind everyone post event that there are still opportunities to fundraise. They might be persuaded by the effort you put in and what a great result you achieved.